Looking for your next tasty treat? Try your hand at this super quick and easy recipe that is sure to be a hit. These are the most decadent cookies that are perfectly soft and chewy. They’re bound to make your mouth water (just as mine is right now!). Perfect to share with friends or just devour by yourself. We don’t judge.
For those of you who attended our baking session at the Ronald McDonald House in January, you might remember this recipe!
Serves: 16 (large) or 32 (small)
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp of cornstarch
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¾ cup of butter
- ¾ cup of packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
1. Whisk dry ingredients.
2. Whisk butter and sugars, whisk egg, whisk vanilla.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
4. Chill dough for 3 hours to 3 days to intensify the flavour.
5. Take dough out of fridge and let it sit for 10 mins.
6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and bake for 12-13 mins.
7. Allow baked cookies to cool on sheet for 10 mins before transferring them to a wire rack to cool fully.
If you try this recipe out, send us pictures and let us know how it goes. Or if you have a cookie recipe that you think tops this one, send it our way! This cookie won’t crumble under pressure.
Source: Sally’s Baking Addiction (and Natalie, my business 1220 lecturer from first year!)