This recipe is excellent for those who don’t have a lot of time in the morning to make breakfast but still want to start the day off with a healthy dose of fruit and a full stomach.
- 2 Generous tablespoons original yogurt (you’ll want something with a normal fat content, somewhere in the 4-6 % range)
- 2 Tablespoons carnation instant breakfast, vanilla flavor (optional, but makes the smoothie much more filling)
- 1 cup of milk (any fat content) (about 500ml)
- 1 Whole banana
- 8-12 Whole strawberries
- About a cup of assorted berries, can include blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
- 1 ½ whole peaches, or 10-12 peach slices
1. If fruit is frozen, microwave for about 10 seconds or until pieces have noticeably softened.
2. Add fruit, yogurt and breakfast powder (if used) to blender.
3. Add milk and begin to blend. Blend until there are no longer any chunks of fruit left in the liquid.
4. Note on blending: Depending on the thickness you prefer for your smoothie, you can add more milk to thin the mixture. Note that adding milk can also increase the serving size to roughly 2 full glasses without diluting the recipe.
Note: I personally recommend using the Carnation instant breakfast powder if you have the means as I find this makes the smoothie substantial enough to be a breakfast on its own. Also, while fresh fruit makes for the best smoothies, frozen fruit is a lot easier to keep on hand so that usually what I use.